View Single Post

Old 04-15-2017, 03:31 AM

Liked 5,209 Times in 2,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Harry View Post
Haven't gotten into CC yet, but planning to do so eventually. My home state of NH has recently gone Constitutional Carry. When/before I do, I will certainly be sure to get fully informed/educated about all the rules and regulations for doing so. But, as I read some other threads, and as I was already aware, it is a no-no to CC in "bars" in many places. I'm just curious and throwing this question out for those who may already know - what exactly is the definition of a "bar"? An establishment that sells alcohol but no food? Like a 'club'? Here in NH, you MUST serve food if you are to be issued a liquor license from the state, so even places that would seem to more properly fit the definition of a 'bar' are in fact 'restaurants'.... are they not? Or is the rule simpler and more restrictive meaning that one can't CC into ANY establishment that serves alcohol? Including any 'restaurant' that HAS a bar? I'm thinking it's probably the latter but don't know.

Having taught hunter safety and CC classes in several states, please allow me to EMPHASIZE the excellent advice you have received above.
1. The BLACK LETTER LAW in the state where you are standing is what a judge will use if you are arrested, and you MUST know it for any state where you carry. No VERBAL advice from LEO or others is binding.
2. There are NO UNIVERSAL GENERAL RULES, and no other state, anywhere, cares how you do it back home.
3. Quoting the US Constitution or arguing with an owner or LEO greatly increases the chance of unpleasant consequences. Even if you are sure you have violated no state gun laws, you might be hit for trespass for refusing to leave if asked.