View Single Post

Old 04-15-2017, 10:19 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 821 Times in 419 Posts

Hello Timo. You have a very fine K-22 Masterpiece, also known as a Model 17 after Smith and Wesson began assigning model numbers in 1957. The -2 after the model number just indicates a minor engineering change to the production method(s) or to the gun as a product improvement. You should find it wonderfully accurate with a variety of .22 caliber ammunition, however, you may find that your revolver shoots some manufacturer's ammunition better than others. Experimentation will be kind of fun. In any case you have purchased a very fine, wonderful revolver which should provide many years of enjoyment for you and friends who may get a chance to shoot it!

As a quick note, I had an opportunity to travel to Germany many years ago when my daughter was in the U.S. Air Force assigned to the Spandahlem base near Bitburg. She lived in Bitburg. Wonderful country! I got to see Trier and the surrounding countryside as well as Cologne/Koln. Lovely scenery and people. Reminds me of the region that I live in in western Oregon. Lots of stands of trees mixed with farmland! Would very much like to return to visit!