View Single Post

Old 04-15-2017, 12:30 PM

Liked 13,524 Times in 5,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistered View Post
I would simply like opinions on the matter of CC. I have been 'into' guns & shooting since the 70's and have NEVER CC'd. I have open carried a lot but typically that has been when hiking, hunting, fishing, , camping etc. but have never (yet) had my CC permit.

I am not saying threats do not exist but I see (on some other forums - not this one) where CC is almost a fanatical obsession with some people. I read posts about people questioning how what they should use for CC on the beach, formal events, bicycling even in the shower etc. I once read a thread about a question on how to CC at a nudist camp! but quite frankly I do not see the need to CC everywhere - especially it is nothing more than an obsession.

Statistically we are probably most likely to become injured or dead due to a traffic accident followed by other natural (or non-natural) events.

I am NOT passing judgement on anyone or where and when they prefer to CC but I would simply like rational, intelligent input on the subject and not the typical 'because I can' or because 'I can't carry an LEO on my back' etc. Thanks.
Its far better to have a gun and not need it, beats not having a gun and needing one!