View Single Post

Old 04-15-2017, 03:06 PM

Liked 9,184 Times in 3,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood View Post
I started carrying concealed when I worked my first gun shop job. That was before Ohio had CCW Permits. Once the Permits were available I got mine and started carrying all the time. It became a habit. Now if I don't carry Two J-Frames and all the other gear I carry, my pants don't fit right and I walk funny. Everything I carry weighs Five Pounds. I don't think everybody should do like I do. You have to decide for yourself just how far you want to go. Some people I know got there Permit and never carried. Some carry once in a while. Others only keep it in the car.
I waited for some of the more asinine aspects of Ohio CCW law to change before I got my CHL.

Now I carry virtually every day, although I can't carry INTO work.

NOBODY is going to protect me except ME. That's just a matter of law and physical reality.

I MIGHT not be able to defend myself. I KNOW nobody else is going to.

It's interesting to see people's reactions when you tell them that the police have no duty to protect you as an individual, no liability if they don't, and in any case no physical ability. It's like them hearing for the first time that there's no Santa.

But as I'm fond of saying, wishful thinking is a really lousy survival strategy...
The Following 2 Users Like Post: