View Single Post

Old 04-15-2017, 03:56 PM

Liked 1,090 Times in 429 Posts

I'm very late to this party but for anyone interested I just spoke with a very pleasant Tech Rep from Corbon in regards to heavier loadings offered in .44 Magnum. I have some older rounds from my days in the North West part of the Cowboy state, the .44 305 grain LFN which has since been discontinued. was advised that these loadings are SAMMI spec and perfectly safe in Steel frame Model 29's and all of their variants. Since I am returning in the near future and wished to utilize them once more in a .44 Mtn Gun I called as it's been awhile.
On a side note I let my Pooch out Thursday night about 2230 and she suddenly shot over to the other side of the fenced area and began barking. Thinking a Skunk was afoot I got my Flashlight and went to retrieve her and when I illuminated the area she was looking into I saw a rather large Black Bear standing there. I'm going to say 350 -400 pounds and he was beautiful. Shiny black fur and very full to boot. I yelled at him to vamoose and she continued to bark and he just didn't seemed very inclined to vamoose. I reckon if your that large you don't have to. Bears are not uncommon here and I've only had to use exceptional means to motivate one to depart in the past but this guy was either very curious or just didn't care if we barked and yelled. Just goes to show that they can and do appear whenever the darned well feel like it.
The Following User Likes This Post: