View Single Post

Old 04-15-2017, 05:32 PM

Liked 1,134 Times in 461 Posts

Quote:
All I can say is the OP must live in a peaceful paradise, with no worries.
For the most part yes - I live in a VERY conservative, rural area of Central Oregon with relatively low crime other than the occasional nut cases that get drunk/high and do something really stupid. We have no 'ethnic' issues here and for the most part I can probably estimate about 90 + % gun owners in the area.

This does not mean I am in any way completely 'safe' but the mindset is typically more 'small town' rural without the complexities of a larger area and the typical problems that seem to follow it.

I am a veteran and have been is some pretty bad areas of the world and consider myself fortunate to live in the place I do.

We are also a very tight knit community who all actually KNOW our neighbors and on weekends seem to have a 'musical chair' movement of us walking around, helping each other when needed and largely in part a sense of community rarely seen these days.

My open carry in the area is accepted and never questioned - and actually appreciated by the 'older' members of the community.

So in conclusion I appreciate all the followup from my original post. Thanks.