Thread: Walther P1
View Single Post

Old 04-15-2017, 06:06 PM

Liked 1,721 Times in 630 Posts

I've got a P1 and it's a fine gun. DA trigger ain't great but SA is just fine. As it's a range gun I really don't worry about the DA....I just shoot it SA all the time.

For me it's got all the history and function of THE original DA/SA pistol (P38) without the added cost of the collectors status of the original pre and war-time P38s.

BE WARNED: The Walther P1 P4 and P5 series (made for the German police) are addictive.

The Walther P4 cured all the problems with the P1 including the crossbolt hex nut as standard, the top of the slide not exploding into pieces if you try to take the rear sights off incorrectly, and the barrel being just a tad smaller.

The P5 is considered a near-work-of-art and you'll pay a premium for it, but what a piece of machinery.

For me, these are either for a collection (like hving one each of every German police-approved pistol: Walther, Sig, H&K) or range guns.

Modern pistols, whether "steel" or plastic, make a lot more sense for home defense or carry. (My HD gun is a full-size Walther 99AS and my primary carry gun is a 99c AS...with Sig 320sc, Shield, and S&W 640 as alternates.)

The P1 is great fun to shoot, an affordable link to history, and at $450 probably a good buy. If I saw one locally here in W. WA I'd probably buy it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0321172042[1].jpg (87.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0800.jpg (86.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2371.JPG (54.6 KB, 22 views)
The Following 5 Users Like Post: