View Single Post

Old 04-15-2017, 07:27 PM

Liked 3,352 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistered View Post
I would simply like opinions on the matter of CC. I have been 'into' guns & shooting since the 70's and have NEVER CC'd. I have open carried a lot but typically that has been when hiking, hunting, fishing, camping etc. but have never (yet) had my CC permit.

I am not saying threats do not exist but I see (on some other forums - not this one) where CC is almost a fanatical obsession with some people. I read posts about people questioning how what they should use for CC on the beach, formal events, bicycling even in the shower etc. I once read a thread about a question on how to CC at a nudist camp! but quite frankly I do not see the need to CC everywhere - especially it is nothing more than an obsession.

Statistically we are probably most likely to become injured or dead due to a traffic accident followed by other natural (or non-natural) events.

I am NOT passing judgement on anyone or where and when they prefer to CC but I would simply like rational, intelligent input on the subject and not the typical 'because I can' or because 'I can't carry an LEO on my back' etc. Thanks.
Please explain your rationale for carrying when hiking, fishing, camping, etc. Do you feel threatened outdoors? Why would you assume that you are in more danger in the outdoors than on the road, or in public areas? From what you post, it seems that you feel you're at greater risk of being attacked in the great outdoors. Care to explain?
The Following User Likes This Post: