View Single Post

Old 04-15-2017, 08:09 PM

Liked 5,259 Times in 1,732 Posts
Default Years of Observation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB001 View Post
While long barrels are popular for sporting clays, I don't see how you can recommend 32 inches without knowing anything about the size, strength, or anything else about the shooter.
I taught all sizes of people to shoot and shoot well the Colt M 1911. I watched 5'2"/5'3" women and a couple of men stand alongside big people and out shoot them after mastering the basics. I was an assistant coach at the Remington Shotgun Club in Atlanta for two years. I helped with the indoctrination class instruction for mainly Skeet, but on occasion for Trap. It was my observation that small people who learn the correct foot position along with the correct body and head presentation did as well as any other sized person who was in the class. Normal upper body strength was all that was required to swing those heavier than today's shotguns. Endurance did come into play in the longer tournaments. I found that if a smaller person wanted to do well, they chose the shotgun/handgun that was going to do well for them and that shotgun/handgun was almost always whatever the 'big guys' were shooting. Of course there was always the delicate 'flower' that was out there on the firing line because her significant other wanted her there. They were usually shooting the lightest smallest shotgun or handgun possible. Their results didn't really mean much because they weren't there to compete. ..........
The Following 2 Users Like Post: