View Single Post

Old 04-15-2017, 09:41 PM

Liked 431 Times in 149 Posts

I dabbed my toe in sporting clays back in the mid '90's and in short order found myself hooked. Was shooting tournaments two weekend a month and hitting courses for a round or two a couple of times in between. I went through several shotguns. Started with a Remington 11-87 and soon had to have an over under. I bought a sporting clays version of the Citori. I didn't shoot as well as I thought I should so started on that journey through shotguns. A Remington Peerless, three Citoris and a Beretta. One day I took out a Red Label loaner gun from the range pro house and shot my best round to date. I bought a Red Label field gun and my scores went up so I bought a Red Label sporting clays special in both 12 and 20 gauge and eventually added a 28 gauge. I know they aren't for everyone but for me, the Red Labels just fit and I shoot them better than anything else. My 12 gauge Sporting Clays Special has had an awful lot of rounds through it too. I was probably averaging about 500 rounds a month for 8-10 years. I've slowed down a lot now but if I were to go to the range tomorrow, I'd reach for my Red Label. The Brownings and Berettas are definitely prettier, but I just shoot my plain Jane Red Labels a lot better.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: