View Single Post

Old 04-15-2017, 11:10 PM
US Veteran

Liked 21,268 Times in 6,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcitableBoy View Post
You can sometimes cure ignorance, but stupid is a lifetime thing. Odds and statistics concerning IF you will ever be attacked are irrelevant in this matter. If you carry, there's no guarantee that you will come out on top of a sudden assault, of course, but those elusive "odds" are much better than if you don't. I much prefer not being wounded, killed or getting the mud kicked out of me, and have little sympathy for those who think they are immune to the possibility, and then it happens to them because of their own willful negligence.

Sorry, I have little tolerance for stupidity, so don't expect me to mourn at your funeral or send flowers to your hospital bed. I'll be at the reloading press filling boxes for the next session of trigger-time.
Carry or not is up to you. One thing that was drilled into my head when I was part of an Anti-terrorist team was "be aware of your surroundings and those around you" that will help a long way towards warding off trouble. Bad guys tend to prey on the unsuspecting.

Last edited by AJ; 04-15-2017 at 11:11 PM.