View Single Post

Old 04-16-2017, 03:19 AM

Liked 454 Times in 151 Posts

It's really one of those personal decisions that everyone has to figure out for themselves.

After four decades of accumulating, a few years ago I decided to sell off the ones I never shot or just had no real attachment to. And after forty some years, I pretty much knew the ones I could live without.

Sold a couple of Colts that while quite desirable, just didn't hold any real attraction for me. Sold a really nice GP100 since I had plenty of other 357s and it was redundant (only one I had mixed feeling about selling but it went to a good friend). Sold some bottom feeders I seldom, if ever took to the range. Actually got rid of almost all the bottom feeders. Unloaded some long guns. And probably some others that don't immediately come to mind. Couldn't bring myself to sell a single S&W. Then ended up buying a few things that were still on my short list and called it good.

The guns I sold have hopefully found happy homes, and all the guns I own now are ones I truly wouldn't want to part with. No regrets.