View Single Post

Old 04-16-2017, 07:36 AM
US Veteran

Liked 5,585 Times in 2,559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoat View Post
I was curious about keeping the pachs on the guns in case I take too long finding the right wood grips. I wanted to know what I could do to help protect the frame while waiting.
As for buying wood grips locally, unfortunately I live in quite a small town and just cannot seem to find them so far. I did find some at a gun show once but believe it or not the man told me that he refused to sell larger grips to a woman. Needless to say I stopped talking to him.
Thanks! Now I understand your situation a little better. The dogmatic answer of the character at the gun show sounds foolish, but even though he is bound to be wrong occasionally, his attitude is based on a well-founded assumption (women usually have smaller hands, and large grips on a K frame SB can sometimes be a mistake even for a man) and a basic honesty. Even if your hands are not rather large, Hogues may work well. Custom grips from Herrett's may be in order. Unfortunately, actually trying the things in your hand is still the best.

Have you considered Magnas and a Tyler? Or service grips (either factory or aftermarket) and a Tyler?