View Single Post

Old 04-16-2017, 11:52 AM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColRJBrinkman View Post
I like 45. So I will grow to like the Shield. Two others at the range shot the BG, one was the gunsmith. Both had the same issues that I had with it. After repairing the magazine retainer and tweaking it, then taking it back out to the range, he said there were NO further issues with the BG. I have yet to shoot it since the repair, but I am going back to the range Monday am and I will let you know about both.

I am not inexperienced. 25 years military and I have been shooting a 1911 45 and M9 and even a DE 44 for decades without any issues. These are the first compact weapons so my shooting style will have to be adjusted. But the BG had issues out of the box.
As a comparable new shooter compared to many of you, I can only relate to how I handle such similarities medically. If you find something/don't find something that you should, have someone else exam the patient. If both find the same scenario then that is the most likely answer. The fact that two experienced shooters had the same issue makes me question the firearm (380).