View Single Post

Old 04-16-2017, 02:13 PM
US Veteran

Liked 5,590 Times in 2,562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoat View Post
I understand my hands my be smaller than my husbands. It is just the way he talked to me, like I didn't know what I wanted. My favorite grips to shoot with are actually my Model 65-2 with it's big wood target grips.
As for the Tyler's I honestly have never really looked into them. I have held a model 36 with Tylers on before and it felt nice, but I never got to shoot it (it was at a pawn shop). Do Tylers fit any magnas and service grips?
Pretty much, yes, but of course there are different Tylers for different frame sizes, including a 3R for K-frame RB and a 3 for K-frame SB. Keep in mind that Magnas ARE factory grips. Service grips similar in shape to the pre-WWII factory service grips have been made by many. I mentioned them only because I myself have found them useful in K SB, because they are thinner than Magnas. You may have larger hands than I do, in which case you probably wouldn't like service grips.

However, if you already know that you like factory targets (assuming that the ones on your 65-2 are factory), it may be easiest and maybe even cheapest to find a set on this site. They may not be cheap, but possibly still cheaper than any two sets of good wooden grips, which is not an uncommon number to buy in the process of finding one set of grips that really fit you.

Good luck!