View Single Post

Old 04-16-2017, 10:18 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 5,194 Times in 722 Posts
Default Review: Badger Stock - Desert Sand - Marlin 795

Hey Team,

I've been running this setup for 6 months and thought I'd post a quick review for anyone looking to switch up their Marlin 795/60 etc. The stock is from Badger, a small time shop producing ABS plastic stocks for Marlin rimfires. I snagged this bullpup stock from them in Desert Sand finish and also opted for the rail system so that I can give the whole system an honest try.

Handling is great, this rifle now balances at the grip which makes it really easy to shoot quickly and effectively. New shooters love it because of how compact this makes the Marlin 795. Installation was pretty straightforward and "drop in". I did have to tweak the bend in the trigger rod to get an optimal trigger pull, which is now as good if not a little better than stock.

Where this really shines is fun factor. I mounted a Vortex 2-7 scope with Vortex low mount rings and sighted it in for 50 yds. All of my friends ring steel in the desert with this thing with minimal issues.

The weak link is definitely the promag 25 rounders. A few of the sticks run flawlessy while two jam with certain types of bulk ammo. The factory 10 rounders run perfect. It'll fail to eject at about 500 rounds or so but not often. I bore snake at that point and hit the chamber with some CLP and it's back in action.

Accuracy is pretty good off the bipod. I have other more accurate rimfires but now that prices are down this one gets taken out the most. If anyone is looking to add a fun rifle to your collection or if anyone is looking to give their Marlin a facelift, give Badger and Vortex optics a try.

SVT28

The Following User Likes This Post: