View Single Post

Old 04-17-2017, 04:16 AM

Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts
Default Issues with beat up old 13-2

Hello all,

Once again I find myself on here trying to get some info from you knowledgeable folks.

I recently picked up a HEAVILY used (Finish all gone, beat up etc) Model 13-2 (also has a 3 stamped under the 2), I ended up picking it up for 150$ from a buddy of mine who's dad owned it for a long time. Anyways, I discovered immediately when opening the cylinder that if the revolver is held barrel facing downwards, the yoke will slide right off when you start to swing it open! It literally fell off into my hand when I first opened it when checking it out.

If I hold the revolver barrel up, or flat/level as long as I dont press forward while opening, I can swing the cylinder out fine with no problems and it will stay put. Once fully open the yoke stays put with not much back/forth play.

But as soon as I go to close it, if I dont keep my finger pressing rearward on the yoke, or tilt the barrel up while closing, the yoke will once again slide forward thus not letting it close back up. Or if I let it, fall off again right before lockup.

Any ideas why it would be doing this? I've never had this issue before, but then again this is the most well used revolver I've owned to date. I can confirm its shoots perfectly fine etc as my buddy has brought it to the range a few times in the past with no issues.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to make sure I get all the info out that I can, not sure if its missing a part, or if something too worn out or what. Sorry for the ****** pics, they were taken with my cell.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170416_212637.jpg (53.8 KB, 303 views)
File Type: jpg 20170416_212725.jpg (59.7 KB, 303 views)
File Type: jpg 20170416_212606.jpg (88.7 KB, 333 views)
File Type: jpg 20170416_212732.jpg (83.1 KB, 319 views)
The Following 2 Users Like Post: