View Single Post

Old 04-17-2017, 07:50 AM

Liked 104 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan the Butcher View Post
Primer size is dependent on the cartridge case. Most long time 45 ACP reloaders don't like the small primer 45 cases (So you could get them cheap. I throw mine away!)

The Lee equipment you listed, will work fine and hold up very well (if you follow maintaince instructions!)

I prefer the much more expensive Redding T-7 turret press and the much more accurate Redding BR3 or Lyman 55 powder measurers! In person the quality is evident, but so is the increased price!

You really need to buy a loading manual and study it before you buy you components. Lee's manual is good! I like the Lyman better. I have both of these and several others, but for starting out I like the Lyman BEST!!! Some people recommend "The ABC's of Reloading", I have a copy, and met the author a few ties, I still like The Lyman Manual better, they have been instructing reloaders (and correcting them) for about 125+ years! Over twice as long as most companies.

Ivan

My Father-in-law won two national championships in 38 Special and went "Distinguish" in 45 with Bullseye powder and cast target bullets. (146 grain, double ended wadcutters in the 38 & 180/185 grain semi wad cutters in the 45).
This. I use the T7 and their custom competition dies. Personally, I can't stand Lee stuff. Also try RCBS' web site. They have a great download for noobs and those needing a refresher course.