Thread: Shockwave!
View Single Post

Old 04-17-2017, 10:37 AM
Banned

Liked 3,242 Times in 1,100 Posts

Got mine Saturday and I love it. I paid $435.00 out the door.
I am impressed with it and find the recoil with 1325fps 00 Fiocchi buck quite manageable. I bought 100 round box of Federal 3dram game loads and ran 50 rounds of those through it. They actually felt stouter than the buckshot loads.

We set up a metal realtor sign at about 15 yards and by the time we were done we were placing most of the shot in the center.

I have done a LOT of shotgun shooting and one thing I figured out long ago is there is a tendency to shoot high hip shooting with a gun like this. My SIL was knocking **** put of the trees about 20 feet over the target.

At the short range we were shooting the wad is a good indication as to where the shot column is going. Much past that range, or if there is a heavy breeze it is not as good and indicator. I was running 6 through it as fast as I could stroke it and was bouncing the wad off the sign pretty consistently.

We took the wife's Toyota to the LGS so I got to play with it on the way home. I was pretty impressed with being able to maneuver it in that small car. I drive a bigger car or a truck and wouldn't have any problem in those vehicles.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: