View Single Post

Old 04-17-2017, 01:33 PM

Liked 9,019 Times in 3,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingwolf View Post
A new one from Smith should be around one grand. For the most part I have been buying my Smiths new. I have two and I am ecstatic with them.

Yes they have the hole, but it in no way interferes with their function. Certainly not worth IMO paying two grand more. They are though on stock watch with Gallery of Guns, so they must be getting snatched up fast.
If you don't mind a new one with the hole and MIM, you can get them for much less than a grand on GB. I've been seeing them for around $800-900 or so and advertised as NIB.

For my 27's though, I much rather the older ones that have the recessed cylinder. Not because the cylinder is stronger or anything of that nature but rather because of looks. I find the 27 with a non-recessed cylinder doesn't look as good as the older models that use a recessed cylinder. I do have a newer 27-5, but it actually does have a recessed cylinder on it (but not a pinned barrel). I also am partial to nickel plated guns and S&W doesn't manufacture those any more.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: