Thread: Sheer Panic
View Single Post

Old 04-17-2017, 04:57 PM
US Veteran

Liked 13,168 Times in 4,570 Posts

Funny thing is my panic attack is somewhere right in the middle of some of y'all's. Omitting the police station discussion (maybe some states allow it; most don't) but on a parallel, I was invited to a Navy retirement ceremony for a colleague so I took my shotgun out of my trunk and my junky Kel-Tec P9 out of the car before I headed to the Navy base. When I got home I didn't think about it again until after the weekend.

I cannot recall if it was Monday or Tuesday....I went to my car and as I opened the passenger door I could not recall if I had hit the button on the key fob to open it or if I found it unlocked. Nothing was disturbed inside the car.

[[Just weird because I was not, and still am not, totally used to modern cars with electric door opening devices (and I have had three of those now!). My other vehicle is an old truck, still have it, still drive it, very used to its non-power everything, and believe me there is nothing on it that works by pushing a button.]]

So I open the console..........NO KEL-TEC!!!!!!!!!!! I check the trunk. No shotgun. I go into the house and check the closet where I tossed the shotgun - sure enough, there it is. Where is the Kel-Tec? Did I or did I not retrieve it and put it in the console? As a matter of course I always do that (not any more....) so, DID I??

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never found it. Searched everywhere! I filed a stolen gun report with the PD, told them exactly the situation, and they said I did the right thing, that if I really lost it in a drawer at home just let them know if it turns up.

WHAT A DUNCE!

I won't ever know if that gun was actually stolen or not unless I literally do find it or the PD calls to tell me they have it.

Sigh.............gettin' old ain't fer sissies..........

Last edited by ISCS Yoda; 04-17-2017 at 04:59 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: