View Single Post

Old 04-17-2017, 07:38 PM
US Veteran

Liked 13,049 Times in 4,535 Posts

Let me make three remarks.

1. Almost every bar I have ever walked into in Texas has their 51% sign posted incorrectly. Most of these bars serve food and while they make their 51% from the sale of alcohol the average person cannot tell that the place is a bar that serves food as opposed to a restaurant that serves alcohol. I routinely see the 51% sign posted prominently OVER THE BAR! I am already in the danged place by then.

2. This is a generalization but, amongst Texas gun owners, in my experience, the fact that a bar that derives 51% of its income from the sale of alcohol is a no-gun establishment is common knowledge. Long before there was a CHL or LTC this was a fact that Texans were aware of. Guns were off limits in bars. Folks just knew.......and they told their friends, so more folks just knew.....

3. I am uncertain of this but I do believe that before the CHL law was passed there was nothing in the Penal Code about drinking and handgun carrying for the simple reason that the Penal Code forbade handgun carrying (with exceptions). Period. Texans carried anyway. That's why they knew about the bars!

If I am incorrect I'd be delighted to know that............
The Following 3 Users Like Post: