View Single Post

Old 04-17-2017, 09:00 PM

Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

Well,i went back today and looked at the S&W Victory U.S.Navy revolver again and had to buy it.The serial number on the bottom of the frame is V2181XX.The serial numbers on the inside of the right wood grip,bottom of barrel,rear of cylinder,and the inside face of the extractor all match the frame numbers.I do not see any letter P or S anywhere on the revolver.It looks to have never been re-parked.The left side of the top strap is lightly stamped U.S.Navy.The bore looks like new and the barrel is 4 inches long.The only thing that bothers me is someone messed up a couple of screw heads on the right side of the frame.I do not know why,but may have been possibly taken apart,any answers or reasons why? I was told for what it is worth that this Victory was purchased from the daughter of a WW2 Navy pilot.Could he have brought this back? I am not sure if the lanyard is original,but it appears to be stamped Hickok 1943.I am not sure if the holster is original or not either.The only markings i see are U.S.on the outside.I added pics for members to see.Now if someone can tell me what i have here meaning original or not and what it is worth will be a big help.I ended up paying $650.00 for the revolver,lanyard,and holster.
The Following User Likes This Post: