Thread: Sheer Panic
View Single Post

Old 04-18-2017, 12:21 AM

Liked 1,270 Times in 693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAM-BAM View Post
LOL.... I just renewed my Pa carry permit........ for years 40-45......9th time in 4 different Pa.Counties.......4th time in Allegheny Co.The Sheriffs "Permit Office"is in the Basement of the Allegheny Co. Courthouse. The place was empty except for a clerk and 2 Deputies....usually there is a line of 8-10 folks waiting or filling out forms.
So I jokingly mentioned that I've always found it funny that I couldn't carry concealed (in the Courthouse) while getting my concealed carry permit renewed.The Deputy said...."You can carry here..... that's why we have our own sub office with it's own outside entrance.If you need to go into the court house proper there are lock boxes at the main entrance."
PS: This is not legal advice......... the answer you get from another Deputy may be different!!!!!!!
When I lived in Bucks County Pa I always carried in Court House, IF you had to go in court Room ( Jury duty ) there was a lock box, with a Deputy there. This was in the 1991, I do not live there now and do not know if the laws have changed. As stated before, all states have their own laws. Be Safe,