View Single Post

Old 04-18-2017, 09:23 AM

Liked 27 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by weslokken13 View Post
I go to the range about 2 -3 times a week and put down about 200 + rounds FMJ everytime i go.

My question is should i upgrade my shield with the APEX TACTICAL TRIGGER AND DUTY CARRY KIT i seem to be having trouble with trigger pull.

Trigger seems awfully stiff and harder to control is it just a learning curve thing or is this an issue for others
thanks
wes
Should you Apex your Pistol, because you have a bad trigger pull? The short answer is no. You should work on your trigger pull first, and get that sorted out, then, you will have a better place to decide from, if changing parts is what will do, what you want it to do.

I will offer that, I've found all of my Shields to have very workable triggers as is, right out of the box. If you just want to change the parts, then by all means, go buy yourself something pretty.

What is your practice routine when you go to the range? You should have a definite plan of how your going to put rounds downrange. Are you shooting, or are you training? There not the same.

First thing I would train on, is,.........Trigger squeeze dry fire practice. Bring a new unused target home, and work on dry fire practice. Your trigger should break with no barrel movement. Work on that aspect since that is what you have mentioned. Evan if your trigger is pretty ******, you should be able to shoot decent if your pull is consistent.

That's just one item, but there are more.

Are you cross eye dominant? What eye do you shoot with if you are? What is your grip? Whats your finger to trigger placement? Do you anticipate trigger break and flinch? What is your stance? How many yards away is your target? Have you switched ammo types? Has someone else shot your pistol, and what did they think?

There's a lot of variables to consider. Perhaps, hire a good instructor to work with you for a session or two, and see if it's you, instead of the pistol. Quality range time, is more important than quantity of range time. Once you have the quality, slowly increase the quantity.

You would be surprised how mistakes creep into your shooting as you start to get tired. It happens to everybody.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: