View Single Post

Old 04-18-2017, 11:42 AM

Liked 64 Times in 31 Posts
Default Little help with a second hand Pro Series

I bought a 5" Pro series 9mm gun the other week that was sold as having "Apex parts" in it. Well, this is my first M&P that's not a Shield and so obviously my first Pro Series gun as well and I wasn't too savvy on what I was looking for. The trigger pull seemed nice although the trigger itself was a S&W hinged unit. When I asked about the Apex parts, the seller said "springs and such". Well, I wound up buying the gun anyway because it was such a good deal, but I remained somewhat skeptical about the upgrades.

Using this page (How To ID The Apex Sears – Apex Tactical Specialties), I was able to determine that the sear is not an Apex unit. I'm guessing it's just the standard sear that comes in a Pro series gun.

The part I really can't tell on is the striker block. It looks similar to the Apex block I have in my Shield, but I also thought the sear looked similar to the Apex ones I've seen in the past and I was wrong about that too. Would someone post for me a picture of the striker block that comes in a Pro Series gun?

Thanks in advance.