View Single Post

Old 04-18-2017, 11:58 AM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
@TTSH....sorry bro! Thought about that as I was considering the purchase, that there were gonna be some hurt feelins over the last 30 days. I sympathize bud!
Thanks. Yeah, I think all of us who bought in March pre-rebate leaks (and probably January & February too) feel we got the Big S&W Zingaroo. Can't blame the dealers. I don't think they knew. Only have myself to blame for buying more gosh-darn plastic, something an "all-metal" kind of guy like me should not be doing... and I knew that. Shame on me. This was an expensive and very embarrassing "lesson learned" that I'll not soon forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasky View Post
Well right now is not the time to buy the guns/ammo you can't live without at retail price.

Right now is the time to buy the things you somewhat want at amazing deals that won't happen again. The hordes of deals out there is astonishing and should improve over the next couple months. If nothing else you can sell them when the prices stabilize.

Those guns you really want will be around at least a few years at that normal retail price and can wait.
Well, respectfully, yes and no. I think I get what you're saying and for some it may make sense. The problem is that I am hideously old, retired, dirt poor and only have three "good years" left before all collecting/accumulating must come to an abrupt end. I don't have the time left to focus on cheap plastic bargain guns just because of rebates and crazy low sale prices. I need to focus on my bucket list guns... and not a single one of them has, or will ever have, a rebate on them.

The Shield .45 was a mistake for me (for more reasons than just the rebate) which I will work hard to not repeat. I have already purged any and all remaining plastic guns from my 2017 Possibilities List. The only guns I'm going to buy from now on are all-metal guns. No more getting the Big Zingaroo.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: