View Single Post

Old 04-18-2017, 05:35 PM

Liked 163 Times in 90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
That is what plinking means to you, and wikipedia... but that is not what is meant by all. Some folks will refer to shooting paper at the range as "plinking". Plinking to me is typically done at ranges of 40 yards or less, and with a .22lr. Since he is asking about dot sizes, I am assuming he is shooting at ranges of 100 yards or greater, where dot size starts to make a difference.

And apparently you as well.. hence your comment prior saying..

"Plinking to me refers to just playing around without any real purpose other than fun with no real restrictions... thus the tin cans and dirt clod targets. Keeping a tin can bouncing across the ground is plinking. This activity is not done at a range, but at an informal spot such as the back 40 at my in-law's.""

that said, it seems were are down to a distance issue when it comes to what people mean when they say "Plinking"... you feel that is limited to 40 yards, but others may not see a limitation on distance..

I have honestly never heard anyone, reference plinking as being something limited to 40 yards or less??

Last edited by Pro2nd; 04-18-2017 at 05:37 PM.