View Single Post

Old 04-18-2017, 05:35 PM

Liked 68 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLT223 View Post
I do not, and have no experience with 200gr 38SPL. I would think a faster powder would be a better choice. Something in the Universal range would probably be optimal. I do have experience with IMR4227 and was merely trying to point out that you have IMR4227 specific data that points to a warmer starting point. If you already use this powder in .357, Im likely preaching to the quior. Back before Hodgdon owned the du pont powders, there was a difference between the two 4227's, but i dont think there is now. Regardless, you have IMR4227 and IMR4227 load data, so I wouldn't be concerned with the old H4227 starting point.
You're probably right about faster powder. I was just going with what I had on hand. I found in Bob Campbell's Load Development series over at loaddata.com that 3.0 grains of Titegroup (which I do have on hand) will push the load at nearly 650 fps out of a 2-inch barrel, and 710 fps out of a 3-inch barrel. It doesn't give min/max loads though, just the one; but it does give a few other powders/barrel lengths.
The Following User Likes This Post: