View Single Post

Old 04-18-2017, 06:38 PM

Liked 2,948 Times in 1,074 Posts
Default New Sheild 45, Like It, But...

So, got my "Rebate" Sheild 45. Really like the gun, nice size, finish looks good. Very excited to finally have it because I really like .45acp for carry and it's a great size to carry concealed.

But, this one has an issue with the trigger. The trigger pull itself is ok, not as nice as ones that I've tried at various gun stores, but ok. My Shield 9 actually has a lighter pull than this However, this trigger has a hitch when returning from the rear/fired position. It's a noticeable hitch/catch/delay about half way back to the forward position. I've managed to have the trigger get stuck in the rear/fired position a few times when pulling the trigger and then very slowly releasing the trigger. It won't get stuck if I just let go suddenly, but can if I slowly release it...

I'm curious if anyone else has had this type of issue with the Shield trigger? If so, did it work itself out, or did it need to be repaired at the Mothership...?

I've taken the slide off, cleaned the gun and lubed contact points, but still the same hitch in the trigger release. None of my other pistols have this issue, including my Sheild 9, so it's definitely not 'normal.' Going to call S&W about this and see if they will take it in for a check, I'm sure they will...

Definitely disappointed that I have to go through these hoops on a new gun. I believe that this should have been caught before leaving the factory. But, after reading a lot of threads on the Shields, I'm not terribly surprised. I'm sure they'll make it right, but it seems that S&W needs to step up their quality game. I know these are relatively inexpensive guns, but I would think they still want to keep their reputation for producing a quality product... This said, this is my first issue with a S&W product out of the gate.