Thread: HEAVY DUTIES
View Single Post

Old 04-18-2017, 11:29 PM
US Veteran

Liked 22,296 Times in 4,529 Posts

gtopcop:

Wonderful idea, and I would certainly consider one or more, if they could resist putting one of those unsightly internal locks in it. I have four modern Smiths, and they are all Cenntenniel style, as that is the only type they will offer without that lock. I have come to accept the MIM parts, even though they are also an affront to purists. But I will never purchase another Smith with a lock. Had two, and could not live with them, and sold both. I have about 3 dozen Smiths,...all revolvers....none with locks.

I know that I could buy one of those plugs that can be used to fill in the hole, and then remove the extra parts from the lock, but I have been following a thread about a welder who was able to TIG weld up the hole in a scandium frame. This seems like a great idea, and I intend to follow his work. There are so many Smiths that are so appealing, but are disfigured not only with the hole in the side, but the unsightly scratch looking arrow etched into the otherwise pristine frame of the gun.

I know that I may be a little OCD about this, so please forgive my rant. I don't mean to insult or hurt the feelngs of those who can live with these things, but it is a real sore spot with me. And the worst part is, that they probably only do this because their lawyers advise them to do so.

End of rant.

Best Regards, Les

Last edited by les.b; 04-18-2017 at 11:31 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: