View Single Post

Old 04-19-2017, 05:11 AM
US Veteran

Liked 2,660 Times in 1,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.b View Post
Some of you may remember this thread of mine from just about a year ago. "Elderly Man Defends Self in Home Invasion" Updated 4/22/2016.

This man lived in a fairly nice part of town, catercorner from a high end restaurant, lots of lighting and not a high crime area. He was older, about 80, if I remember correctly. Fortunately he was carrying even though he was at home, minding his own business.

I realize that he may have made some mistakes, but he is still alive.

Best Regards, Les
Sadly this man who lived near me isn't .. Normal man reportedly kidnapped dies | WJBC AM 1230

Home invasions can turn deadly very quickly .. carrying at home in todays world should not be taken lightly and there is a need for one to protect themselves in their own homes !!

It has been drummed into our heads that the police are here to protect you !! But the average arrival time of a police officer on a call is almost always 10 minutes or longer ..

Where I live in the country it would take even longer if the sheriff was on the other side of the county .. probably closer to 20 minutes to get here unless they would happen by chance to be closer .. in town even 10 minutes would be fast ..

Are you willing to be unprotected for that long if a Perp were to break into your home .. would your neighbors notice something out of place today .. tomorrow .. next week ?? do you talk to someone everyday that would call police if they couldn't get ahold of you .. would they come to your home to see if you were ok if they couldn't contact you within a few hours ??

If you were tied up would someone check on you before you might die ??

Just something to think about ..

Carrying at home doesn't mean something will happen or that you even think that something will happen .. Carrying at home means YOUR PREPARED IF SOMETHING DOES HAPPEN !!
The Following 2 Users Like Post: