View Single Post

Old 04-19-2017, 10:22 AM

Liked 17,200 Times in 7,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSH View Post
It sounds like you and sigp220 epitomize a different approach to being a gun enthusiast that I've only recently come to appreciate actually exists. Brother Arik probably falls into the same category. If you have sold many more guns than you currently own, you probably fall into that category. I'd give it a name (gun trading enthusiast? firearms experimenter? transitional collector? "must-try-them-all" hobbyist? chronic bad decision maker? ) but I can't think of one name that encompasses all the reasons one might have for selling or trading off so many guns years before the long dirt nap.

I fall into the other category. I buy for keeps. Even the plastic ones. That's why the 5 I have sold in the past are still so painful... and why the ones I will now have to sell in order to complete my bucket list are going to hurt even more.
I agree, they're just things and I never got hung up on them. Some because I've found something better, some because they had issues that I didn't want to pay to have fixed and some simply because I lost interest in them or they felt better at the store then at the range or in a holster.

To be honest I feel that more often than not its my fault for hyping the gun up in my mind. Like this is going to be the one because of A,B,C,D....But when you finally have a chance to really try it out it turns out that A,B,C,D were irrelevant and not what you imagined it to be.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Arik; 04-19-2017 at 10:27 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: