View Single Post

Old 04-19-2017, 01:00 PM

Liked 7,472 Times in 2,287 Posts
Question Browning 22 semi-auto rifle parts?

I picked up this sweet little 22 a while back (paid too much ). But I have always wanted one of these Belgian beauties since shooting one that belonged to my Dad's friend in the 1960's.

Manufacture date on this one appears to be 1961 and it has the desirable rotating rear sight adjustment. It is only in average cosmetic condition which is fine by me, but unfortunately has some functional issues.

I was getting about 50% failure to fire and/or failure to eject with multiple types of LR ammo, including CCI Standard and HV, Aguila, and Remington. Between Brownells and Numrich I have been able to obtain most of the parts I think I need, including extractor, trigger spring and various other pins and springs. However both sources have two critical parts on back order with "no idea" when they will be available.

If anyone has any leads on where to obtain these two tiny springs or any other advice on doctoring up this soon to be great little plinker, I would be most appreciative.

Barrel Lock Spring #B2166548
Barrel Adjuster Follower Spring #B2166553

Sorry for the poor cell phone pic, but that's it for the moment. If I can get this functioning properly, I may consider refinishing the stock. One thing at a time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Browning 22 semi auto.jpg (32.4 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by Peak53; 04-19-2017 at 01:03 PM. Reason: more information
The Following User Likes This Post: