View Single Post

Old 04-19-2017, 01:26 PM
US Veteran

Liked 8,827 Times in 1,526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppero View Post
Thanks for all the input. I will return the hammer to the customer when I replace it for him. If he ever wishes to sell it he will have it. I've asked about what dept. he worked for. I'll update later. Will any K frame hammer work? I have found listed mod 10, mod 10-15-19, and K frame. I have worked on many S&W since my days at Colorado School of Trades in 1976. I had a long time with Numrich Arms also. Just never thought much about the variations of parts within a frame size.

One more question. The mod 36-1 hammer is the hardest to find of the mans collection. Any place come to mind on who might have one?

A K-frame is a K-frame... sort of...

If you end up with an actual M10 hammer, being an M&P, the hammer spur will be the same width as the hammer body, and while it would work, it would look out of place on a target quality gun. Yes you might see M10's with target hammers, but normally that means they were replaced sometime in their life. You would be further ahead with a M15 (or M14), or M19 hammer, but there are several spur widths, so to keep the gun looking original you'd want to have the same width target style that came on it.

Can't help with a J frame hammer, you might want to put a Want to Buy ad on our Classifieds forum, someone might be able to help with that and a K frame hammer as well.

Good luck.

Last edited by SmithNut; 04-19-2017 at 01:28 PM.