View Single Post

Old 04-19-2017, 02:27 PM

Liked 394 Times in 173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
So was this a double feed? Looking at the round it has the markings of another round hitting the middle of the round pictured.

I dealt with this a lot when I was a Drill Sergeant at Ft Benning for two years, thats just what the double fed round looked like.
I think you're spot on Sarge. Loaded five rounds of my hog killers and went through those like butter on a hot skillet. Pulled that mag out and inserted a freshly loaded mag. The second round jammed.

This time I just dropped the mag and ejected the round with a little effort. I unloaded the mag and examined every round carefully. Every round looked good to my old eyes so I loaded five rounds in the mag and tried again. Fired smooth as silk. Loaded up 10 rounds and that went without a hitch.

I was pretty confident at that point that the mags are just tight and the second round down may be sliding forward by friction. I was getting hungry so I loaded up the remaining 13 rounds and went "full semi-auto". Brass was flying everywhere!

What's the deal with the mags? Will they loosen up or do I need to do something to get 30-round use out of them? Or are they just junk?

Last edited by Tinhack; 04-19-2017 at 02:28 PM.