View Single Post

Old 04-19-2017, 02:28 PM

Liked 64 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srruger762 View Post
Here's a pic of my stock ProSeries, it has only a angle ( chamfer ) at the top where the apex is more round at the top you should be able to determine the difference by just looking in that area hope it helps
If you still need another pic I'll take one tonight when I get home

And all the speckles you see in the pic is the lint buildup this is my carry gun and I haven't cleaned it yet i usually clean it once a week
This is what I was looking for. Thank you.

Comparing that picture to this one, I'm guessing mine is the Apex part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingn View Post
Can you check the trigger pull weight? Mine is about 5lbs on my FS pro.if yours is lower, say less the 4.5, Its likely it's been modified.

With the exception of the light reset, the trigger on my FS pro version is pretty nice. Not competition nice, but not bad at all especially since most of the grit is gone Does your trigger have an audible reset? Some people just addressed the reset and if yours does have a decent reset with an audible click (you can hardly feel or hear the stock reset, which btw is much improved on the newer versions and the shield), and the pull weight is still around 5lbs, then the reset parts may be the only part changed You can see a pic of the new parts on their site.
No, I can't. Sorry. I don't have a trigger weight gauge. The reset is pretty good. Like I've said, I don't have any other experience with full size M&P guns, but comparing this gun's reset to my modded up XDM and Frankenstein parted Glock 19 leaves little to be desired. The reset isn't quite as good as either of those other two, but I have no issues with it. It is audible and tactile. I don't know if there are aftermarket parts aiding the reset here. I'm pretty sure the striker block isn't from the S&W factory. Conversely, I'm pretty sure the sear is from the factory.