View Single Post

Old 04-19-2017, 03:33 PM
US Veteran

Liked 33,565 Times in 5,253 Posts

Well, if I'm going to be in a club, I can think of no finer company than friends Arik and Ladder 13.

I've been pondering this thread. While I am happily a member of the Frequent Traders Club, I do have guns I've owned for over 40 years. I like them and I've never had reason to sell them. Others, though, I looked at as enjoyable certificates of deposit, to be cashed in as circumstances dictate.

I've never paid for a gun with a credit card, or otherwise dipped into the family finances. If I didn't have cash on hand it was either layaway, trade or sell another gun, or leave it for the next guy. I've bought guns I didn't particularly need or want because they were underpriced and I knew I could get a good return on my investment which was then applied toward something I did want. Its worked out pretty well - I have a safe full of guns and enough overflow to need another safe pretty soon.

The other ponderable was the good-hearted civility found in this and the vast majority of threads on this fine forum.

Last edited by sigp220.45; 04-20-2017 at 02:11 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: