View Single Post

Old 04-19-2017, 05:15 PM
US Veteran

Liked 138 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinhack View Post
I think you're spot on Sarge. Loaded five rounds of my hog killers and went through those like butter on a hot skillet. Pulled that mag out and inserted a freshly loaded mag. The second round jammed.

This time I just dropped the mag and ejected the round with a little effort. I unloaded the mag and examined every round carefully. Every round looked good to my old eyes so I loaded five rounds in the mag and tried again. Fired smooth as silk. Loaded up 10 rounds and that went without a hitch.

I was pretty confident at that point that the mags are just tight and the second round down may be sliding forward by friction. I was getting hungry so I loaded up the remaining 13 rounds and went "full semi-auto". Brass was flying everywhere!

What's the deal with the mags? Will they loosen up or do I need to do something to get 30-round use out of them? Or are they just junk?
We never had time to mess with bad mags in the military and just marked them and didn't use the bad ones anymore.

You might have better luck with metal GI mags or stock up on the PMAGs when they have the 10 mags sales going on.

Others here might have better mag trouble shooting advice, hopefully that's what your issue is.

Good looking rifle you have there!