View Single Post

Old 04-19-2017, 08:09 PM

Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default Modern 600 series fears/help...

First off I absolutely LOVE all of my S&W revolvers, mainly early 70's to mid 80's issues, even love my classic series 48 and 586 even with the lock, but being blue guns they are not AS bad. SO I love my Smiths, BUT my question and fears go with the modern 600 series, in particular the 617 10 shot and the 686 7 shot. The internet is filled with 686 canted barrel, misalignment issues and the 617 horrible issues of misfires, lock ups. (Understandably brass issues with certain ammos). BUT lock ups still seem to be an issue. I don't currently own any ss revolvers and those are two of my top ss wants. SO are these problems concentrated to a certain dash model of each one, certain year of production, or all IL models? Or am I totally paranoid and majority have NO issues? I also understand S&W would most certainly resolve any issues with these, but hey when I buy a gun I want to shoot it, not lock it in the safe or have to send it back once OR twice in some folks cases to Smith for repairs or replacement. And finally, when did 10 shot 617s come about, would I be better off to find an older issue? Same with the 686, are there older 7 shots out there? Like I said please don't misunderstand me, I absolutely love mine and all smiths, but these are concerns I have purchasing these beautiful 2 revolvers based on internet posts, videos. Thank you