View Single Post

Old 04-19-2017, 08:37 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey thank you for getting back to me. I've done some checking and the gun was valued anywhere between 650.00 and 800.00, so I can only assume that is all they (Travellers) needs. I made the mistake of not having a registry of my firearms and a shotgun was removed from my truck because of my own stupidity (I left it in there while I ran in my house to get ready for a birthday party because I was late getting home from hunting. The next morning the gun was gone, because I had left the door unlocked, though I had felt violated and really PO'ed because it was parked in my driveway.) My OLD insurance company said the value of the gun was only as much as my deductible (500.00) since I had no proof of real value. I had purchased it from a retired police captain who had passed away, and I when we checked replacement value it was listed at 900.00 ( Wingmaster w/vent rib, walnut stock), but there was no proof of condition so they would not cover it for as much as the deductible. I fired them. Now, all my guns will be registered, photographed, and documented with my NEW insurance company, whether they like it or not.