View Single Post

Old 04-19-2017, 09:38 PM
US Veteran

Liked 105 Times in 48 Posts
Default New Shield 45 range report

so... range time with the 45 Shield today. 90 rds Federal 230 hb. 0 failures. 8 yds POA/POI is dead on for me. Out of first 50 rds, 45 in the 10 ring at 8 yds of the small red targets on range (4-5" ring). And I was shooting for function and break in, not accuracy. Very happy with all that.

Negatives: Magazines are stiffer than any ever on any firearm I have EVER handled! I had to use one of the range cheater load tools just to get the mags loaded. Near the end, they started to loosen up ever so slightly. A LONG way to go for every day hand loading usability. They are sitting fully loaded and will stay that way!

I shot the short base mag slightly better than the long mag. No surprise, as I shoot a lot of SAA revolvers, and the short grip is very comfortable for me. One handed, L & R, 1-2 mags is the most you really want to shoot. My groups got bigger, but certainly not awful. Prob all but 3 in 8" circle. VERY acceptable for a light compact 45 ACP one handed!

Compared to the XDs 45 I had, the Shield is probably a tad easier to be more accurate with. And the felt recoil is prob a tad less. But at the end of the day, 100 rds ea, you prob would NOT know the diff.

Last, I put it in my son's Alien Gear 9mm Shield holster. Fit fine and would not hesitate to carry it in that.