View Single Post

Old 04-20-2017, 02:24 AM

Liked 9,019 Times in 3,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP@AK View Post
muddocktor
Click on the following link to a recent post of a .357 Magnum from 1953 that has the 6 1/2" barrel. If you look closely at the distance between the front of the extractor rod shroud and the rear of the front sight ramp, you will see it is greater than the same gap on the one pictured here. That's a good thing to look for when trying to decide if a particular gun has one or the other barrel length.

Pre 27 6-1/2" pawn shop ... is it a good find???

I hope this helps.
Yeah, the distance between the 2 is slight, but noticeable. Thanks. I don't know about the 70's or 80's but S&W has come out with 6 1/2" barreled 27's since the 60's. I happen to have one, which is a 27-5 and dates from late 1990 for a shipping date. They made a run of 500 then for the 12 Revolvers collection (the Outnumbered revolver) and some were marked with the graphics and such like mine is and some were sold without the graphics laser etched on it. I got mine a few years ago off GB for a heck of a deal and ANIB with box and the unused tools still in the plastic. It also happens to have a recessed cylinder too, which is a nice throwback to the older guns. It is a great shooter with a sweet trigger!