Thread: Shockwave!
View Single Post

Old 04-20-2017, 10:23 AM

Liked 578 Times in 197 Posts

Wow... I am glad I shoot first and read posts later. We're all over the place here on what should work and what should not!

This is what worked for me.... tell me I'm cool, or tell me I'm an idiot... it won't make any difference.

Paid $399.

So far about 250 rounds of 4 buck, 00 buck, a few slugs and an initial handful of 6 shot. No issues. It has loosened up quite a bit. It was typically a little stiff at first.

The front bead works great for me beyond contact distance.

Hip shot.... 2 reasons... my target is close enough to grab it, or for longer targets, I want to look cool to the guys on the range. I don't play for that team. I do practice hip shots some for the first reason, but even across a room a slight extension makes good hits easier for me.

We ran it some from inside a car at ambush distance. Really shines on this although it WILL get your attention no matter which end of it you are on.

I put a QD stud on the grip and a simple sling. I did color coordinate the sling with my uniform. :-) This is all about fashion right?

Call me cheap but I like velcro on side saddles. Less expensive, easy to change out between buck/slugs/combo and use across multiple guns. I have it on my patrol 12, my home 12, and now this one. I never shoot more that one shotgun at a time, so having a carrier of each is all I really need. Never had an issue with them. One more sheet of velcro on this one and it was good to go.

The only real complaint I have is that the grip is a little slick. I am thinking baseball bat grip tape at the moment. I have used that before on other things and it worked well.

I did post another thread here of a case that fits it well and does not scream COOL TACTICAL DUDE HERE!

I am hoping to get approval to use as an entry gun. Even if that doesn't fly it will be my truck gun.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: