View Single Post

Old 04-20-2017, 01:51 PM

Liked 660 Times in 236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLT223 View Post
Both 629-1's were impulse buys for me due to "Buy now!" price tags that were further reduced by cash offers. Had to do it...both times

Im a huge fan of Xtreme plated slugs. If you buy during free shipping and and 10 or 15% off sales, they are cheaper than lead. Can't beat that. The 629-1 up top in the pic has put almost 3000 of their 200gr plated bullets down range. 5-5.5gr of Clays under the 200gr rnfp is a wonderful gallery load in that gun. You going to enjoy that piece a lot!

SLT223,

Thanks for the load info! Do you know if Clay's meters well out of a Dillon powder measure?

Anyone have a suggestion using Bullseye, 231, or Power Pistol? I have a lot of those powders on hand. Speer shows 231 and Bullseye in their #14 short barrel load data that I have. I can pick up some Clay's if necessary. I think that this gun will be as fun to shoot as my 625 with 200 grain target auto rim's.

The Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel loads in both .44 Special and Magnum, as well as all the Xtreme bullets for reloading showed up today and yesterday. The magnum Gold Dot loads sure look like they mean business!
The Following User Likes This Post: