View Single Post

Old 04-20-2017, 04:49 PM
US Veteran

Liked 5,590 Times in 2,562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenS View Post
Mr. Harry, although not a NH resident I frequently travel and vacation there, so I've made a point of studying all ~4 pgs of gun laws that existed in NH prior to Constitutional Carry passing into law.

NH only bans carry in courts and elementary/secondary schools. There is no prohibition on carry into bars/restaurants/etc. I don't suggest "going drinking" while carrying (also leave the car keys at home if you do this) however. Opinions vary but it's always been my philosophy carrying everywhere I go in NH is fine as long as I keep my nose clean and keep sober (no issue, I'm not a drinker).
Len,

Please correct me if I have missed a detail, but that is pretty much the case in MA, as well. If one is lucky enough to live in one of the municipalities that issues usable licenses at all, one will find that one can carry a gun almost anywhere in MA. Perhaps a holdover from 1998 and earlier, when one could not leave a handgun in a vehicle, altogether.

Of course, when you carry discreetly, and never need your gun because you're careful where you go, the issue doesn't come up.