View Single Post

Old 04-20-2017, 06:09 PM

Liked 597 Times in 332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
I bought my 9 online as well.The slide was tight and dry.The barrel had what apears to be rust in it and the bolt face finish shows a lot of case imprinting.There was no information on how to get the rebate either.I got it apart,cleaned it and lubed it.The slide is still tight and I have not been able to try and shoot it yet,but I am really disapointed in both the weapon and the vendor.
You probably mean the spring in the slide is strong? If you think the slide is 'tight' remove the slide, remove the spring and put the slide back on, if binding then it may be 'tight'. I prefer to always clean and inspect and lube a new gun before shooting, it is part of proper safety and preparation in my opinion. Most semi-autos of any brand I have purchased are not in the best of shape to fire right out of the case and that goes for my Beretta, Sig, Walther and CZ. Being that each gun is prefired I would expect an imprint, I would expect it to be dirty and I would expect it to be protected with some sort of lubricant preservative since it may sit for many months before being sold.

Online buying isn't always your best route to go, a reputable brick and mortar store seller will review your weapon, show you how to take the gun down properly and also let you know if something isn't correct with the gun itself before you buy it.

Good luck with the fine gun you purchased
Karl
The Following User Likes This Post: