View Single Post

Old 04-20-2017, 08:30 PM

Liked 325 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasky View Post
Sorry but you put zero thought in your post and it sounds like it was written by a first grader who didn't get what they wanted at the store.

Go watch ballistics tests over and over, especially with Federals HST loading. Does 45 expand wider than 40? Well yeah. Does 40 expand wider than 9? Well yeah. But the difference in expansion and penetration is so minimal that the benefits of carrying less ammo or a larger firearm negate the benefits of 40 and 45. That and the softer recoil allows ANY shooter, even experienced, faster follow up shots.

I own firearms in 9, 40, and 45 and see the benefits of all but I still choose 9mm to carry. Federal HST is the equalizer when it comes to hollow points
I'm sorry too, 'cause 9mm is just too wimpy. I just separated a bunch of 9mm cases from a coffee can that included some 45/70's. Made 'um look even wimpier! And we all know that a Shield 45 will put more bullets towards the bulls eye as the target extends to 25 yrds, than that wimpy "nine ever could". Besides, the 45 recoil & follow up of a 45 Shield is a nothing event, except for perhaps the smallest of hands. There, at least I feel better, even though, we still keep a few 9's around here. For me, 1st grade was about 60 years ago.

Last edited by LAA; 04-20-2017 at 08:31 PM.