View Single Post

Old 04-20-2017, 10:45 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by C J View Post
Battery life isn't all that important for shooting practice which is what I need to do with the gun for now if I expect to use it for SD later.
On its face this statement is absolutely true. However, there is an aspect of battery life that sometimes gets missed; fun.

Going to the range and shooting is fun for me. I like all kinds of guns and I like shooting. If my sighting system fails, I'm not having fun. This is just another reason I like the long battery life. I know when I go to the range, it will work. I've had a few low dollar, short battery life, optics die on me. Most of them were when I showed up at the range and discovered the red dot wouldn't turn on. This is right up there with leaving the ammo at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disabled1 View Post
Will PA replace it if you accidently drop it, and it won't zero again?

cyphertext, watch your PM's.
When mine failed they replaced it without question. The problem I had was the windage would no longer adjust. It was out of warranty. The "why" of the failure didn't even come up. They just took it in and fixed it or replaced it. Either way I have a working unit now and it only cost me the price of shipping it to them. Can't complain about that.