View Single Post

Old 04-21-2017, 12:30 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Can't believe I waited so long!

Okay, new here and also new to the M&P platform. I found Sportsman's Guide had the mid size 45, which are police trade in guns. I was skeptical, but seeing that I work in LE, and our guns have a low round count, I figured so would any other LE issued gun. My worry was holster wear/cosmetic issues. All I can say is WOW! After picking up the gun, my curiosity got the best of me. It's in superb condition with Trijicon night sights that glow bright! So who had this gun? I called Smith, gave the serial # and the rep told me it had been issued to the Newport News, VA Police Dept. I know there are a lot of you that have made the police trade in purchase, but for those of you that haven't, this deal is too good to pass up. It came with 1 mag so I bought 3 more at Academy. The having only 1 magazine is the only downside. Prior to this, I only shot Sig and Glock, as well as my Springer 1911s. I think I balked at buying a Smith because back in the day, going thru the academy I worked as range officer at a indoor range. I'd had a guy ask if I wanted to shoot his Sigma...really heavy trigger pull, and that seemed to stick in my head in regards to striker fired Smiths. So glad I made this purchase. So far, it's fed every hollow point I've tried. Winchester white box, and others, on down to the low end of the totem pole cheap range ammo. Oh, and I removed the magazine safety after about 10min of at home gunsmithing, then added some color fill. I thank all of you on this forum, as I did read extensively on here before making the purchase. Sorry for the lengthy post, this gun is great, and I can't say enough about the ergonomics of the M&P..glad I am now an owner!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170419_144333.jpg (81.4 KB, 61 views)
The Following User Likes This Post: